My Favorite Vacation!

This cold weather has got me thinking about how much I miss summer vacation! My favorite vacation that I have ever been on was when I went to Hawaii with my family. My family and I flew to Los Angeles where we had to spend one night in order to make it to Hawaii. From there, we flew to the island of Oahu and we stayed in Hawaii's capital city, Honolulu. Honolulu was gorgeous, it felt like we were in paradise. The resort we stayed at was called the Hilton Hawaiian Village, truth be told, it did feel as big as a village. Our room had beautiful views of the ocean and we got up early enough to watch the sunrise one morning. Just outside our hotel, was the beach; we stayed on Waikiki Beach. On the beach, there was a perfect view of Diamond Head State Mountain. I had never seen such perfect beaches and such beautiful weather before. The sun was blazing during the day, it was so hot. We had to run on the sand because it got so hot that it would burn our feet. I got to learn all about the culture in Hawaii and the rich heritage of the pacific islands. We even attended a luau and ate traditional Hawaiian foods. My trip to Hawaii was unforgettable!



My sister and I on the beach with Diamond Head Mountain in the back.

















Vocabulary
Vacation (noun)- a period of leisure, especially one spent away from home or in traveling
Capital (noun)- the most important city or town of a country or region
Gorgeous (adjective)- beautiful; very attractive
Paradise (noun)- an ideal or idyllic place or state
Diamond Head State Mountain (noun)- a volcanic cone on the Hawaiian island of Oʻahu
Blazing (verb)- burn fiercely or brightly
Heritage (noun)- a cultural aspect or tradition that has been passed down through generations
Luau (noun)- a Hawaiian party or feast, especially one accompanied by entertainment

Luau


Vocabulary Exercise





Grammar Point

The passage above uses many describing words, or, adjectives. An adjective is a word that describes a noun.  Words that describe sounds, shapes, sizes, times, numbers/quantity, textures/touch,weather are all examples of adjectives. 




For Example: "Honolulu was gorgeous, it felt like we were in paradise."

"The shirt is blue."

"The teacher is smart and tall."




Grammar Exercise


________________________________________________________________

Additional adjective information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxoDGlPUmyU

Comments

  1. A great story about your vacation! It looks so beautiful there.
    I really like your adjective flower. It is a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Picking!

Back to School!

Halloween!